Juicing fresh wheatgrass is a delight. It’s refreshing and is a great nutritional supplement. Juicing wheatgrass is a cinch if you have a wheatgrass juicer, but what to do if you don’t?! No problem! Juicing wheatgrass without a juicer is super easy. You just need the right items.
What You Will Need
1. Wheatgrass clippings
2. French press (find it here)
3. Your choice of juice or water.
4. Immersible blender (find it here)
It is very easy to grow wheatgrass. In about a week you will have enough grass clippings to use for your drink.
Steps For Juicing Your Wheatgrass
1. Cut off a section of the wheatgrass to about 2 inches above the growth line. The reason for this is because wheatgrass tends to grow with mold at the base and you don’t want any mold on your clippings.
2. Put the clippings into a container and have your immersible blender handy. You can also use a regular blender but we don’t have one at the moment. Our immersible one works great and we use it for just about anything that requires mixing or blending.
3. Use some juice of your choice. I have used grapefruit or orange juice, personally, but you just need some sort of liquid in there. If you are a purist, you can simply use water. Most recently, I have been juicing other vegetables and fruits with our juicer and then added that to the wheatgrass juice but that is a bit more involved to post here. I have recently steered clear of many commercially produced orange juices because they are just not that good for you. But, in a pinch I will use orange or grapefruit juice.
4. Cut the clippings into little pieces so they don’t get wrapped around the blades. Just blend it for about a minute or so until you see that the mixture is really green.
5. Then add the mixture into your french press. If you blend long enough the grass may be fairly emulsified. Carefully pour the juiced wheatgrass and juice into a cup.
6. Voila! You have your freshly juiced wheatgrass!
If you are interested in growing wheatgrass right in your own home, it is so easy to do. Here’s a post on it. Wheatgrass has a pleasant sweet flavor and if you are new to it, ease into it! It is a strong detoxifier so don’t overdo it!
Live well and be happy!