1. How did you first become interested in green living?
To put my husband through graduate school I waitressed at night and tried to do art during the day. Here came the event that changed my life: There was a gas leak at the restaurant where I worked and it sent 80 people to the hospital. I got what they said was permanent central nervous system damage, although this was 1980 and nobody knew quite what or how to diagnose such a thing. The next thing that happened was that our apartment building was exterminated with a pesticide that is taken off the market because it was so neurotoxic. Given my gas injury, this did me in, at the time. We know now that I had classic organophosphate pesticide poisoning, but back then Read the rest of this entry